Saturday 12 June 2021

Glass goes on longitudinally

 After a quick fit the biaxial fabric seems to drape quite well over the hull shape along the (almost) entire length of it:

not quite so in the back:

I'll do that part together with the transom.

So, the plan is: Today I'll do both sides and the rest (bottom and transom) tomorrow. Though the magic of peel ply there will not be any complications with laminating on top of already cured laminate. That way I can easily position the bottom strips (there will be 2 of them) and tie the transom in with the rest without worries about resin going off before I'm done laying up peel ply. Also: the chines will get their foreseen reinforcement. The bottom chine will have 3 layers (900g/m2) and the bow section will be even 4 layers just by virtue of the glass strip geometry. I will not even have to cut anything:) The turn of the bilge will be at 300 - which should be fine as it needs 600 when using woven roving. I will add one more layer in the center section where the forces are largest between the chainplates and the keel.

All in all, this is how happy I am:

More pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The tent is back

Finally the workshop stands again. After a lot of busywork and other projects I finally managed (with some help) to prep a place for the ten...